Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Jack Thorne/J.K. Rowlin

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Jack Thorne/J.K. Ro

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Finished
happykent escribió:Regarding our doubt in the first chapters, I think "Thank Dumbledore" is an exclamation such us Merlin's Beard or Thank Heavens.
I am very happy of being reading this book because I love to encounter all these characters once more. Nevertheless, I don't recommend to read it like another of Rowling's books or the eighth part of the HP series because it isn't.
I agree with everything. "Thank Dumbledore" another expression.

And i liked the book because it's funny and meeting again all the lovely characters I really liked but i can't think of it as the eighth part of the series.

There are very good moments in the book,
the appearence of Snape and his sacrifice, Harry watching the death of his parents remains powerless, the understanding between Draco and Harry,...
pikoo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por pikoo »

Finished too. I agree with Lizzy, for me this can't be consider the 8th part of Harry Potter. But it was nice to meet with all of them again, and I would love to have the opportunity to watch the play. For me, the best part of the book:
Draco and his son, Scorpious. A little bit disappointed with Ron... I was expecting more from him. I think I should re-read the last books because I still consider Snape as the bad potions teacher. And... Oh, I would've liked to read more about James. I think the brother could've had more important role in the book. And I don't know why but Ginny and Harry... Sorry but no. I can't see them together.
I don't know if this is spoiler or not considering that you should know how the 7th ends to read this but just in case
I didn't like the way how Rowling match them all the end of the book... And sorry but Harry + Ginny is not my thing.

Ohh!! And I have missed a lot Mr and Mrs Weasly!! I loved it when they mention her
Leyendo:
Juramentada - Brandon Sanderson
La biblioteca de París - Janet Skeslien Charles
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

Finished! I agree in everything with pikoo and Lizzy. I liked the book but definitely it is not an eighth part of the HP saga. I would love to see the play :D

I also agreed with pikoo regarding Harry and Ginny's couple
in these book they relationship didn't seem real at all. Instead, Ron and Hermione are made for one another.
I couldn't believe the scene when Harry recriminated to portrait-Dumbledore, again, to have taken him to his muggle family and to have not told him about the profecy and many other things :shock: One would guess that Harry would have grown up by now! He is almost forty years old! :shock: That was childish :noooo:
When they arrived at Godric's Hollow, Harry said that it had been twenty years since they were last there. I cannot believe Harry not visiting his parents graves in all that time :meditando:
Draco and Scorpius were the best of the book. How sad when Draco said that
"It is exceptionally lonely, being Draco Malfoy" :cry:
About Delphi
it is weird to imagine Voldemort having a child with Bellatrix or anyone :shock:
It was very interesting the acts involving
the travels in time and all the disasters made.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I finished it some days ago. In general, I think I liked it. As all of you have said, it can't be considered as the 8th book, but it was nice to encounter again with the characters and with a new story.

Focusing on the story itself, I missed
some character as the Weasley family or even James, he appears just at the beginning and that's all. I was a bit surprised that it was only Ron and Hermione the ones affected by the temporal changes, in terms of relationship. I said it before, but I don't like the adult Harry, he was a bit irritating :lol:
I don't know why Albus' surname is just Potter and Rose's is Granger-Weasley :lol: Ginny must be one of the most hateful characters for Rowling :lol:
pikoo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por pikoo »

I thought the same you are saying mariki, why Rose is Granger-Weasly and poor Albus and James just Potter. Of course Potter is enough surname by itself but come on Ginny... I didn't like neither
grown Harry and Ginny
Leyendo:
Juramentada - Brandon Sanderson
La biblioteca de París - Janet Skeslien Charles
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

mariki escribió:I don't know why Albus' surname is just Potter and Rose's is Granger-Weasley Ginny must be one of the most hateful characters for Rowling
I think the usual thing is that the surname is only Potter, but everybody knows Hermione :lol: :lol: She never gives her surname up :mrgreen:
guty
Me estoy empezando a viciar

Mensaje por guty »

I'm currently reading this book, and as many of you, I think that it shouldn't have been referred to as the 8th Harry Potter story. However, it is definitely a fun and entertaining story for us nostalgic HP fans. I'm actually enjoying it much more than I thought I would when I started reading it. As far as new characters are concerned, you may agree with me that Scorpius deserves a special mention! And it has been nice to meet other "already-known" characters again, particularly the scenes in which
Snape
appears.

I hope the end of the story does not disappoint me!
Responder