Nick Hornby

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Responder
mirrorball0

Nick Hornby

Mensaje por mirrorball0 »

Hey there!

I just wanted to say that at the moment I'm reading "all the way down" , by Nick Hornby and, so far, I like it. He´s the same guy of High fidelity and about a boy. Did I see that someone here likes Sookie Stackhouse???????

I've read all the books! Number 9 is coming out soonish, can't wait!

Well, see ya all!
Sookie
Lector voraz

Re: Nice book

Mensaje por Sookie »

Hello.

I do like Sookie Stackhouse although you are not going to believe it.... I have not read a single book yet :roll: After reading all the books by Stephenie Meyer, I felt really involved in a world of vampires but at that time what I had at hand was "True blood" so I saw the S1 and I really liked it very much, so now I have 'Dead until Dark' waiting for me and I'm sure I'll get hooked on the saga as well :)
mirrorball0

Re: Nice book

Mensaje por mirrorball0 »

Sookie escribió:Hello.

I do like Sookie Stackhouse although you are not going to believe it.... I have not read a single book yet :roll: After reading all the books by Stephenie Meyer, I felt really involved in a world of vampires but at that time what I had at hand was "True blood" so I saw the S1 and I really liked it very much, so now I have 'Dead until Dark' waiting for me and I'm sure I'll get hooked on the saga as well :)

Well, just to let you know that the best books are the early ones. dead until dark, club dead, etc........the rest are a bit......I don´t know spaced out but, still, hooked by the what-is -gonna happen catch, fair enough!

But I'm quite into the vampires novels as well so, any time you want to find out more...just let me know.
triste
Foroadicto

Re: Nick Hornby

Mensaje por triste »

I love Nick Hornby but no one here talked about him (except in the first message). He's so great and reading his books in english is an amazing experience. He's one of the authors I love to read in this language beside Charles Bukowski and J.D. Salinger.

Don't you think that sometimes you lose something really important when you read in spanish an author who originally wrote in english, even if the translations are good?

And how do you enjoy High Fidelity and also get hooked by vampire books? I don't like them, not at all. I find it kinda contradictory :P
Responder