Do you speak English?

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

pikoo
No tengo vida social

Re: Do you speak english?

Mensaje por pikoo »

Hi guys :) Is someone currently reading or planning to ready anything in English? I need to practise for my exam in September haha :batman: :batman:
Leyendo:
Juramentada - Brandon Sanderson
La biblioteca de París - Janet Skeslien Charles
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

All my MCs this month are in English :lol: But they are part of sagas and I'm in the middle of them: Harry Dresden, The Seven Sisters, A Court of Roses and Thornes...

I want to start another one soon, if I can find some days between MCs. It's another trilogy, The Daughter of Bones (and something else, I don't remember the title :cunao: )
Bronia
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Bronia »

I´m with Henry James´s classic novel "The Portrait of a lady" right now and I´m loving it even though it is a thick book. Before this I read Washington square, it was such a nice and smooth reading! just in case you want to try something shorter.

For my next english book I´m gonna try with an Hispanic author, I´ve never done that before! it seems weird but I have to give it a chance... let´s see how it goes.
pikoo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por pikoo »

I have recently bought The picture of Dorian Gray, The jungle book and Maurice from E.M. Foster

Indeed with those I should have more than enough for now but if anyway wants to read any other thing I’m open to suggestions :)
Leyendo:
Juramentada - Brandon Sanderson
La biblioteca de París - Janet Skeslien Charles
Ratpenat
Murciélago

Mensaje por Ratpenat »

These english examiners are so cheap :roll:

They charge me 7 euros to send my certification home :evil: When I did the french certification they sent it to me from another country without extra cost.

Considering how expensive is the CAE, they could have included it in the price.
Dayra
Lector voraz

Mensaje por Dayra »

pikoo escribió:Hi guys :) Is someone currently reading or planning to ready anything in English? I need to practise for my exam in September haha :batman: :batman:
Hi pikoo ! im just looking for a good book to practice English ,, i will need Speak English in my work , so i like when i can see that i speak better than before . Always growing up, not loosing some vocabulary etc...always better than before ! I like some books like “Cinder” for ex emple , it is an actual parody of the story of Cinderella .... but i prefer buy the 4 books that this collection content .. better than read on the screen ... its is my future christmas present ,, maybe , jajajaja
Best Regards,
D

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Peloponesa
Lector voraz

Mensaje por Peloponesa »

Hi all,
I am currently Reading "Peter Pan & Wendy" and have to say that is one of the most beautiful books I have read, I think. Not just the story but the language and the way of describing the scenes and characters. This is a paragraph from page 1, describing Mrs Darling:
"She was a lovely lady, with a romantic mind and such a sweet mocking mouth. Her romantic mind was like the tiny boxes, one within the other, that come from the puzzling East, however many you discover there is always one more; and her sweet mocking mouth had one kiss on it that Wendy could never get, though there it was, perfectly conspicuous in the right-hand corner"
It is a short book but not easy to read, and I am used to reading in English!
But if you want a recommendation, "The Guernsey literary society and potato peel pie society" is a funny and charming novel, and now the movie is on theaters the book is again available at book shops.
Btw, glad to find you now I am not working (they fired me a year ago)...I used to talk and write in English all the time and now I need practice to keep my writing skills :cunao:
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

Sorry you're not working, Peloponesa. But glad you found us :60:

"The Guernsey..." is a delicious book. And the one you're reading now, about Peter Pan and Wendy looks fabulous. That kind of books that make you dream while you read them, and put a smile on your face when you think about them.
Peloponesa
Lector voraz

Mensaje por Peloponesa »

DarkLady Juliet escribió:Sorry you're not working, Peloponesa. But glad you found us :60:

"The Guernsey..." is a delicious book. And the one you're reading now, about Peter Pan and Wendy looks fabulous. That kind of books that make you dream while you read them, and put a smile on your face when you think about them.
I totally agree with you, DarkLady Juliet. And I think it is worth to read them in their original language if you can...nothing against translations, of course.
Thank you but don't worry about my job, I was burnt y depressed, now I feel much better :alegria:
Holmes
Me estoy empezando a viciar

Mensaje por Holmes »

Lucy (in the sky with diamonds ;)), i see that the last comment of this thread is from 2018...
Does this mean that no one speaks/writes English here anymore, or is it that another thread has been opened that replaces this one?
Última edición por Holmes el 02 Abr 2021 14:17, editado 1 vez en total.
‘De los diversos instrumentos inventados por el hombre, el más asombroso es el libro; todos los demás son extensiones de su cuerpo, mientras que el libro lo es de su imaginación y su memoria’

R’20
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

I don't think so...
But people prefer to speak spanish I guess
:P
I'm fluent in english, but writing is a bit more dificult, because of the spelling and ortography :lol:

Lazy Girl :cunao:
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
Holmes

Mensaje por Holmes »

Felicity escribió: 02 Abr 2021 12:15 I don't think so...
But people prefer to speak spanish I guess
:P
I'm fluent in english, but writing is a bit more dificult, because of the spelling and ortography :lol:

Lazy Girl :cunao:
Hi Lacy!
It happens the other way around to me ... I write it better than I speak it, because I have more time to think, and... because I don't work in a hotel, nor do I practice it as much as you do... :)
‘De los diversos instrumentos inventados por el hombre, el más asombroso es el libro; todos los demás son extensiones de su cuerpo, mientras que el libro lo es de su imaginación y su memoria’

R’20
Kiraya
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

Mensaje por Kiraya »

I partially live in English and I never recall we have this thread :hombros:
Thanks for —here we go— "necroposting" this one, @Holmes :wink:

I've chosen the term "necroposting" for I think it might be new to some of us. I do not feel old threads being bump up or resurrected as something negative. In this case I find it productive! :boese040:
Escribo, luego existo

Y hablo de lo que me da la gana en https://navegandocultura.com/
Holmes

Mensaje por Holmes »

Kiraya escribió: 03 Abr 2021 14:13 I partially live in English and I never recall we have this thread :hombros:
Thanks for —here we go— "necroposting" this one, @Holmes :wink:

I've chosen the term "necroposting" for I think it might be new to some of us. I do not feel old threads being bump up or resurrected as something negative. In this case I find it productive! :boese040:
You're welcome :wink:

It’s normal that you do not remember the thread, nobody had been posted for years. I found it by chance, looking for something else, and surprised me that no one wrote, that's why I thought it was "out of order".

The term is perfect… in fact, I had read it in spanish as “necropostear”, and it means exactly that. In other forums some people say "reflotar", but I prefer yours.
And it also seems productive to me. There is no point in opening threads of the same topic, when everything can be unified in one.

R’20
lucia
Cruela de vil

Mensaje por lucia »

Holmes escribió: 01 Abr 2021 14:29 Lucy (in the sky with diamonds ;)), i see that the last comment of this thread is from 2018...
Does this mean that no one speaks/writes English here anymore, or is it that another thread has been opened that replaces this one?
I haven’t spoken in English for a time, but I still read and write now and then.
Nuestra editorial: www.osapolar.es

Si cedes una libertad por egoísmo, acabarás perdiéndolas todas.

Imagen Mis diseños
Responder