last book you've read or you're reading

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

dorsvenabili
Vivo aquí

Re: last book you've read or you're reading

Mensaje por dorsvenabili »

I'm reading Wyoming tough, by Diana Palmer
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

Just finished "Headhunters" by Jo Nesbo, and I'm giving a try to "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. But it has too many pages... and I have not much time to read, so it's going to take long to finish, if I don't change my mind and try something shorter... :roll:
dorsvenabili
Vivo aquí

I'm reading Matilda, de Roah Dahl. I love this book.
dorsvenabili
Vivo aquí

I'm reading Jemima J de Jane Green, it's funny.
Victor_Ros
Lector voraz

Mensaje por Victor_Ros »

I'm with King's Dolores Claiborne.
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

Wilde is not Old English but it is XIX century english, is really dificult to understand, but if you have a bilingual version, you can understand it trying to find the sense of the phrases. :)

In a Cold Blood is a good book. Although I red in spanish. Truman Capote is like John Steinbeck. They have a Special way of writting. And their use of the language is grogerous.

I have so many book in english, but Im faster in Spanish and with the reader I prefer to read in Spanish.

Im spending all the day speaking english, so... I have enough! Jajaja
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
Melinoe
Foroadicto

Mensaje por Melinoe »

Ice, by Anna Kavan.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I've just finished "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins. I liked it and I found it easy to read.
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

Insatiable - Meg Cabot :402:
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
vichy
Me estoy empezando a viciar

Mensaje por vichy »

Now I'm reading Dune, the first book. For a long time, I have not could read anything, but this mont I've already read three books. Because I could not be concentrated, I only read at this time books that are writed in spanish, but I whish read again books in english soon. I don't know if the vocabulary o the style is complicated, but I think that my brain only can read english tales at this moment, jeje. I have not used english from some years. What difficult to write english again... Sorry about wrongs.

What book you can suggest me to read again in english? easy to read, please...

Dune is amused, but I prefer another book that I read this month: Ender's game. The history is more interesting, and the characters are better worked. It is a good book to someone that likes psicology. The book does not centrated at scifi...
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Finally, it took me two months to finish "Outlander", I'm not reading much lately. Not that I didn't like it but for me is not that much of a blast as I was told.

And I spent the whole time waiting
for her to return to the twentieth century
Now I'm reading "Picture Perfect" by Jodi Picoult. I thought it was a thriller, which more or less is, but after 130 pages out of 431 I think I can guess what is going to happen in all senses. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's not attracting me much.
100x100net escribió:Now I'm reading Dune, the first book. For a long time, I have not could read anything, but this mont I've already read three books. Because I could not be concentrated, I only read at this time books that are writed in spanish, but I whish read again books in english soon. I don't know if the vocabulary o the style is complicated, but I think that my brain only can read english tales at this moment, jeje. I have not used english from some years. What difficult to write english again... Sorry about wrongs.

What book you can suggest me to read again in english? easy to read, please...

Dune is amused, but I prefer another book that I read this month: Ender's game. The history is more interesting, and the characters are better worked. It is a good book to someone that likes psicology. The book does not centrated at scifi...
100x100net it's good you try to write complex paragraphs, reading will help you too. About recommendations, well, that's tricky...Let me see, as far as I can get from your post, you like sci-fi. I've read almost all Ender's books. And if you managed to read Ender's Game, you won't find "Speaker for the dead" that difficult. Is a little more philosophical, though.

If you'd rather change the subject, the last one I read "Headhunters" by Jo Nesbo is quite easy to read (too colloquial sometimes, but easy to follow). It's a thriller, and not so long.

I've heard good comments about "Ready Player One" but haven't read it myself. Don't even know if it has a difficult language.

HTH.
vichy
Me estoy empezando a viciar

Mensaje por vichy »

DarkLady Juliet escribió:If you'd rather change the subject, the last one I read "Headhunters" by Jo Nesbo is quite easy to read (too colloquial sometimes, but easy to follow). It's a thriller, and not so long.
Thanks! I will try to read it and i will tell you :)

I like Thriller too, Katzenbach is my favourite writer...
Melinoe
Foroadicto

Mensaje por Melinoe »

Eleven kinds of loneliness, by Richard Yates. :D
Sariluh
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Sariluh »

Hi people!!! :cunao:

I'm due to start a book called Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel. It's translated into spanish and I could borrow it in the library... But i would have to wait for a week and I don't feel like waiting and going to the library three times =/ It's ironic, despite I love the sport I'm too lazy to go to the library :cunao: :cunao: So, I'll download the book in english (because the ebook version isn't in spanish) and try to read it... We will see if I can understand something with my pathetic english level :lol:

Is the first book I read in english on my own, I've already read other easier books for the school but never before on my own :128:
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Sari, understanding is far easier than speaking. You have dictionaries and you can always ask if you find strange expressions. :60:

As for my reading, I started Picture Perfect, by Jodi Picoult, but I-m going to leave it aside. It seems I´m getting more and more intolerant with books, don´t have the nerve to keep on reading if it doesn´t attract me after 50-70 pages... I used to be more patient before... up till 100 :roll:
Responder